Monday, July 20, 2009

In honour of our houseiversary, I present a "compare and contrast" edition of the picture post!

FRONT YARD

Alas, I didn't take pictures of this when we first moved in, but for future reference, here's now:
Photobucket

Not much change from this perspective, really. Except I managed to kill the hanging basket plants. Oh well, this is the longest I've ever kept such things alive, so I'm not too badly dismayed.

Closer up, however, there's been a few changes at least:
Photobucket

Ah, mulch, how I ♥ you. Also, most of the herbaceous plants in here are my additions, except the daylily. When we first moved in all the rest of that was daylilies and violets.

BACK YARD

Progress! Looking around the yard from west to east:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Compare to this time last year:










Details of the beds:

Sun bed
Photobucket

Wall bed
Photobucket

Corner bed (Extremely weedy and in need of attention)
Photobucket

Side bed (Needs to be mostly redone - dammit)
Photobucket


The patio thyme is growing slowly, but it's growing:
Photobucket

These are now confirmed as Bachelor's Buttons:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment