Sunday, March 14, 2010

(Very) Early Spring

It is probably a sign of sad, sad addiction and withdrawal that I am stomping around out there with a camera in mid-March. NONETHELESS: time for a picture post!

FRONT YARD

Photobucket

Well, I didn't kill the magnolia, so w00t! Need to scheme some more about what I'm going to do with that new bed. Separate post on this subject to follow.


Photobucket

Crocuses are making an appearance, which cheers me greatly. I had fun pointing them out to the Zoodle, too. I am so glad I planted these things. Can't wait till they bloom.


Photobucket

Also returning: irises. I think the neighbourhood bunnies may have sampled this one, but it doesn't look too much the worse for wear.


BACK YARD

Photobucket

SQUEE. I can already tell that last summer's efforts made a fabulous difference back here. Melt, snow, melt!!!


Photobucket

The patio thyme seems to have stayed evergreen under the snow. By the end of this summer, it will no doubt have annexed the whole area. Awesome.


Photobucket

Wow, the hens and chicks are sure looking happy. I don't think it can really be possible for them to have grown under the snow, can it?


Photobucket

I seem to have cultivated a whole host of moss, both in the garden patches and on the patio stones (the ones visible so far anyway). Unfortunately, as pretty as it is, I don't think it actually deters weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment